Downtown Asheville is just a half mile walk from Beaufort House Inn. Our guests love to meander the many streets lined with historic buildings, cafes with outdoor dining, breweries, galleries, parks and local shops. Find plenty of live music, street performers, theatre, festivals and a variety of tours.
Exploring downtown Asheville is so much fun for our guests. They often return to our Bed and Breakfast with stories of their favorite shop or restaurant. Almost all businesses are unique one-of-a-kind, so you will have much to discover.
- The Asheville Urban Trail is a self-guided walking tour downtown that spotlights the impressive architecture, people and historic events of the city at 30 stations.
- The world-class Asheville Art Museum overlooks Pack Square and just completed a major expansion. Highly recommended!
- For a fascinating tour of a very interesting historic home, go to the Thomas Wolfe Memorial - home to the famous author.
- The Grove Arcade is a must stop with many sidewalk dining options and boutiques.
- Mast General Store is always a delight as you step back in time to a "old-fashioned" store filled with top quality clothing, housewares, outdoor gear and plenty of candy.
- Pack Square Park is often the place for weekend festivals. Other times, it's a great spot for a picnic.
- More than 30 art galleries feature creations by hundreds of local artists as well as international. Watch glass blowing at Lexington Glassworks.
- Two former department stores (Woolworth and Kress) are full of artist booths - a browser's paradise.
- Find a big variety of guided tours for food, history, comedy and ghosts. LaZoom Tours are a hoot!
- For major concerts, we are also near the Harrahs Cherokee Civic Center and Orange Peel.
For more info, go to the Explore Asheville Downtown Guide.See our other travel guide pages to help you plan your Blue Ridge Mountain vacation:Asheville Overview
| Biltmore Estate
| Art & Music
| Blue Ridge Mountains